Saturday, June 28, 2008

Podcasts

I enjoyed listening to the Curtin university library podcasts. They certainly have given me some ideas on how podcasts could be used in libraries. They could be used for information purposes on letting clients know about the facilities and services on offer and how to use these services. I also like the book reviews they had and find myself comparing written book reviews to podcast reviews, I think there is room for both but I personally enjoy listening to the podcasts and my own view is that this particular medium would generate more interest amongst our borrowers. I know with some podcasts you can record how often they have been listened to and they can be rated similar to the written book reviews. I personally hope our library will make use of podcasts.

No comments: