Thursday, June 26, 2008

Del.icio.us, technorati, tagging

When I searched for bookmobile on the technorati website I returned slightly less with the advanced search then I did for the other. Only one item was returned when I searched for nswpln2008 but there was heaps more under the photo section.

I think the del.icio.us is useful for reference or research purposes. Recently I was undertaking research on audio/ebook readers and found it useful to have all the websites collated together. I would also have use for it when studying to keep a record of all the websites used in the research so that I can use it for double-checking and listing the reference materials used.

In a library I think it would be extremely useful for the reference desk to list websites by subject, also very good for collecting information on any topical subjects.

No comments: